Covid-19 (The Corona Virus) is on the top of all of our minds these days, and due to the recent escalations of this to a pandemic, on top of the confirmed cases in Manitoba, we are taking precautions so we don’t contribute to the spreading of the virus.
Spring GamesDay on March 21 is Cancelled
We wish we could merely postpone it, but due to the lack of time between now and our June convention date, and the uncertainty of what will be happening, we are going to cancel this event entirely.
What does this mean for PrairieCon in June?
Frankly, we don’t know right now.
ACC is cancelling any public events until the end of April, we support this decision, but we are currently left in limbo for what we do for our main event in June. We will be in discussions with ACC about the venue, and what options we have to delay the event or reschedule if necessary.
Right now, all we can really say is we are monitoring the issue and have made no official decision on PrairieCon yet. We are hopeful that we will still get to hold the event in June, but only time will tell at this point.
In the meantime, we suggest you dig out your copies of Pandemic for some theme-inspired gaming, and we will keep you all up to date as this progresses.
Some Good News
We have an updated registration system that will be rolled out this year, which will address many of the concerns brought forward. We will roll out some of the details shortly, but we will be delaying any pre-registration until we have more concrete information about what will be happening with PrairieCon this year.